If you have ever had a crown or similar restoration, you probably remember the hassle involved: taking dental impressions, mailing them off, then waiting two weeks for the final result. We’re pleased to say that now, that hassle is a thing of the past, thanks to our Charleston dentist office’s CEREC Primescan machine! Keep reading to learn how we are able to make a new crown, right in our office, in a single appointment.
What is a CEREC Machine?
“CEREC” stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. As the name suggests, this incredible machine is able to scan your teeth, processing more than 1 million 3D points per second, and use the data to create a perfect dental restoration. That means that you can walk in our Charleston dentist office needing a crown, and walk out wearing one.
The Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
Same-day crowns and CEREC technology offer the following benefits for patients:
- The efficiency of one dental appointment instead of two
- Lab-quality crowns, veneers, fillings, inlays, and onlays
- A minimized number of oral injections
- A quick and comfortable digital-impression process
- A process that happens right in front of the patient, from start to finish
- Increased accuracy, resulting in a perfect, personalized fit
- Decreased risk of temporary crown dislodging (see below)
Just like lab-milled dental crowns, same-day crowns are milled from a solid block of ceramic or resin materials. They are just as durable, inconspicuous, and stable as lab-milled restorations.
Why Same-Day Crowns Are Safer for Your Teeth
The primary advantage of same-day crowns is their efficiency. But they are also much better for your oral health, too. That’s because they eliminate the need for temporary crowns, which often become dislodged when patients bite or chew. This can have several negative consequences, including:
- Without any hard enamel or crown to protect it, the dentin can become painfully damaged
- Patients can accidentally swallow the temporary crown, necessitating a new one to be made
- The patient can bite down on the temporary crown with the healthy teeth, cracking them
You can see why our same-day crown services make our dentists much happier!
Get Same-Day Crowns in Charleston and James Island
Lowcountry Dental Arts is pleased to treat our patients with the most advanced digital scanner on today’s healthcare market. We are thrilled to be able to provide the convenience of same-day crowns to our Charleston and James Island patients! To learn more about our Charleston same-day crowns, click here to request an appointment.